Diego Armando Maradona died on Wednesday 25 November 2020. The world of football has lost one of its best performers, perhaps the strongest in the history of this sport. The city of Naples, in particular, has lost one of his "sons".
The "Pibe de Oro" (this is the nickname of the Argentine footballer) wore the jersey of the Neapolitan team from 1984 to 1991, dragging the club to the victory of 2 league titles, 1 Italian Cup and 1 Italian Super Cup.
Idol of the entire city, Maradona left an indelible mark on Naples. Here are the symbolic places of the indissoluble bond between Diego Armando Maradona and the city of Naples.
- DIEGO ARMANDO MARADONA AND THE SAN PAOLO STADIUM
- THE HOUSE OF DIEGO ARMANDO MARADONA IN POSILLIPO
- MARADONA AND THE WALL OF JORIT IN SAN GIOVANNI A TEDUCCIO
- THE MARADONA WALL IN THE SPANISH QUARTERS
- MARADONA IN THE CRIB OF SAN GREGORIO ARMENO